ApECOR has access to general and advanced power electronics research equipment through its long term relationship with UCF. This equipment includes DC sources and loads, AC sources (single and 3-phase), AC loads, Digital sampling oscilloscopes, Digital multimeters, Function generators, Frequency analyzers and Power analyzers. Furthermore we can measure inductance, capacitance and resistance down to milli-ohm values.
The main testing and prototyping services we can provide on a small quantity basis are shown in the following paragraphs.
Our high-power testing capabilities and expertise range up to 700V @ 200kW. Related capabilities are:
- Medium (12kW) to High-power (175kW) DC testing
- High-voltage (2kV) and high-current measurements (500A)
- Real-time efficiency measurement and logging with a PC interface
- Water-cooling equipment
Testing of Solar-powered Electronics
- Solar array simulators and solar panels
- PC interfaces for Solar array simulators with advanced functions
- For more information, see section "Solar Array Simulator Interface"
- PC controlled DC sources to apply battery charging algorithms
- Automated measurements of battery voltage, current and temperature while charging or discharging
- For more information, see section "Battery Testing Interface"
- Temperature and Humidity environmental testing
- Temperature measurements for monitoring the thermal performance of power-electronics converters
- Equipment helps troubleshooting thermal problems of the power converters
We are able to make prototype PCBs quickly and inexpensive using our PCB milling machine. Ideal for testing experimental circuits. In addition, we have the proper soldering and reworking equipment for SMD components as well as high power soldering irons for big components and wires.
Light Machine Shop
We can help you with common mechanical tasks such as making simple metal enclosures or producing custom bus bar setups in low quantities.
Please contact ApECOR to discuss your custom requirements for testing of your power electronics systems.
This is a no-obligation service, whereby ApECOR's engineers can assess your proposed specifications and give a price quotation.